Does an email file size affect the deliverability? Blacklists, spams, high bounce rates, all these phrases run through an email marketer’s mind when he is thinking about email deliverability. There are many critical factors to consider that impacts the delivery of your newsletter but there is one crucial thing that we often overlook – Email template size.
There are several email design size recommendations floating over the Internet but not all are right up to the information. We dug up the present email newsletter design size and with our own testing we give you the perfect length and width of emailer.
There are few facts to consider:
- 1366 * 768 is presently the popular resolution for publishing
- 54% emails are opened on smartphones and 35% on iPhone alone
- 98% of the screen resolutions are 1024 * 768 pixels or higher kept
How Wide Your Email Design Should Be?
The email experts suggest that their emailers top when they are designed out at 960 px wide and stretches from 3 column to 2 and sometimes 1 depending on the subscriber’s sizes.
It is important to know while designing an email newsletter design keeping a width wider than 650 px will not show its background color precisely send to your Gmail email ids.
Make sure that your emailer is mobile friendly. However; there are few things to consider such as
- Which email clients your subscribers open their emails?
- Do they choose horizontal scrolling if the newsletter is too wide?
- Does your emailer automatically adapt to the width of your email clients?
Optimizing Your Emailer Loading Time
If you can keep your HTML email design size under 100KB it doesn’t mean that it will load quickly especially when they are full of images or GIFs.
What to do:
- Minimize your email HTML: Make sure that the line lengths and CSS properties are as it is.
- Use a quick image hosting provider. It is most likely that you will host the images with the Email service provider you are using, ensure that it has fast servers that can handle image downloads quickly.
- Reducing the size of the images such as using 72 dpi. Avoid using larger images that the width of your email design. There are several free image optimizer tools that you can use for minifying the size.
What Length Your Emailer Should Be?
When designing email newsletter design keep in mind the line length of your text.
Email experts suggest staying within a range of 45-75 characters per line. So, if the font size is the same as on mobile like how it appears to be on the desktop version, you can aim for the minimum width to fit approximately 45 characters per line, and 75 or so characters per line at the maximum width.
Remember these are only suggestions which are tried and tested on several email campaigns and have been bringing a positive response when send to the subscribers.
Email designs have come a long way. The length and width of an ideal email design has narrowed down to 600px to 650 px ensuring that the content is rendered accurately across the major inboxes.
Make sure to test your emailers on a variety of devices and make sure that you readers receive best engaging experience. You can learn more about HTML email designs and coding services by checking out our website
Can You Take Care Of My Email Campaigns?
Yeah Sure!! We can manage your email campaigns for you as part of our Email Marketing Package. It includes designing, resizing, and uploading right images for each email campaign.
Together we’ll dissolve your marketing headaches so you can get back to doing what you’re good at.
For more details connect here : emaillions.com